DERBY, Kan. (KSNW) – Crews responded to an apartment fire caused by lightning Thursday in the 1800 block of East Osage in Derby.
Residents reported hearing loud thunder and started smelling smoke around 12:45 p.m.
Fire officials said the fire was contained to the exterior of the building, and power was cut to two units.
Only one apartment in the building was occupied at the time.
Two families did have to be relocated. No one was injured.
Damage is estimated at $50,000.
LOCATION OF FIRE
- Third-Ranked Texas Sweep Shockers
- Newton native Remsberg scores in OT, Air Force beats Colorado 30-23
- Greinke finally gets win over old club, Astros top Royals
- ‘Uncle Wilbur is finally home’: Kansas sailor killed in Pearl Harbor finally laid to rest
- Thousands of fetal remains found in home of former Indiana abortion doctor