WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A lightning strike early Friday caused significant damage to a tree in front of a west Wichita home.
The strike happened around 6 a.m. at a home near 13th and Ridge. The homeowner was lucky that the broken tree did little damage to the home.
However, some damage was caused to the guttering and a window. The tree limb narrowly missed a car parked in the driveway.
- Legislature sends new coronavirus bill to Gov. Kelly’s desk
- Community begins to reopen, Wichita Ice Center remains closed for now
- Fire is brought to the Garden City Fire Department with live fire training
- Wichita stores see increase in firearm sales during pandemic, civil unrest
- Wichita teen leads large group in peaceful protest