WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Wichita Police Department (WPD) has identified 38-year-old Travis B. Davis as the man involved in an officer-involved shooting Sunday.

Travis Davis (Courtesy: McPherson County Sheriff’s Office)

In a press conference on Monday, they revealed this information and other details about the officer-involved shooting. Watch below:

According to Wichita Police Department Crimes Against Persons Bureau Captain Jason Stephens, Wichita police officers were dispatched to the 400 block of W. 45th St. N. on Sunday, Aug. 7, at 6:12 a.m. for the report of a domestic disturbance.

When officers arrived on the scene, Davis was no longer there. Officers then contacted witnesses who reported that their family member, Davis, had arrived on a motorcycle and used an ax to break the windows of two cars.

Officers left the scene and headed to another area where they believe Davis resided, intending to arrest him on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic violence and criminal property damage charges.

Upon arrival, WPD said officers were not able to come in contact with Davis, and they left the scene with the intention of issuing a pickup for his arrest on the suspected charges.

At 9:02 a.m., 911 received a call for the report of a disturbance with a weapon at the same location on 45th Street North.

Wichita police said when officers arrived at the location again, they were able to make contact with family members and witnesses that said Davis pointed a handgun and threatened a family member.

According to Stephen, while officers were at the scene, Davis went outside, which is when officers heard what they believed were gunshots. Davis had shot two cars that were located in the driveway.

(Courtesy: Wichita Police Department)

Additional officers arrived at the scene to learn that Davis had barricaded himself in a shed in the residence’s backyard.

While Davis barricaded himself inside the shed, Wichita police said they unsuccessfully tried multiple ways to make contact with him to have him surrender and submit to arrest.

(Courtesy: Wichita Police Department)

Shortly after their attempts, police said they saw Davis open the door to the shed while holding a gun.

WPD negotiators were then called to the scene. They arrived at 10:28 a.m.

Davis further continued not to comply. Police said he could be heard yelling verbal threats to officers and beating on the doors and walls inside of the shed.

SWAT was then requested. They arrived at 11:58 a.m. and continued until the entire team was at the scene.

While the SWAT team continued to arrive, Davis continued his erratic behaviors, according to WPD.

An officer then fired one beanbag round from a 12 gauge shotgun at Davis, hoping that officers could safely move in and make an arrest. At the same time, plans were being made to deploy a K-9 for the same purpose. Police said both techniques failed and that Davis retreated into the shed.

Wichita police said SWAT then took over the inner perimeter and continued to try and make contact with Davis to get him to surrender. But instead, he continued to yell verbal threats and bang on the walls.

Police said he then presented himself at the garage door, still holding a gun.

(Courtesy: Wichita Police Department)

Officials continued to make requests to get him to surrender. They then report hearing gunshots coming out of the shed.

(Courtesy: Wichita Police Department)

Davis then fired five shots intentionally toward SWAT officers who were posted behind an armed vehicle. The shots struck the armored vehicle on the windshield, sending bullet fragments onto one of the SWAT officers who was holding a bunker.

Davis retreated into the shed again. After a few minutes, he appeared again.

Stephens said a SWAT officer fired one shot to prevent Davis from firing additional shots at SWAT officers located nearby. Davis was hit one time in the torso.

He was then taken out of the shed, and EMS was able to provide medical care. He was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. He remains in critical but stable condition as of 3:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8.

Guns apprehended from the scene (Courtesy: Wichita Police Department)

WPD was made aware that Davis has a criminal history back in May.

The officer who shot Davis is on administrative leave, which is customary to WPD’s policy after an officer-involved shooting.

This case is still under investigation.