WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — KSN Meteorologist Jack Maney and Photojournalist James Heier live-streamed as they tracked weather across western Kansas in Storm Tracker 3 Thursday.
- 2 N Halford – Thomas County: Quarter-sized hail between Highway 83 and Highway 24
- 5 N Ryus – Grant County: Landspout spotted five miles west of Sublette and just north of Highway 160 from 7:50-7:53 p.m.
- 7 W Mingo – Thomas County: Multiple spotters report a brief tornado at 7:30 p.m.
- 4 SSW Colby – Thomas County: Chaser saw funnel almost to the ground at 7:31 p..m.
- 10 N Winona – Thomas County: Spotter located in Brewster observed a funnel cloud at 7:27 p.m.
- 5 S Colby – Thomas County: Funnel cloud ¾ of the way to the ground looking toward Winnona at 7:30 p.m.
- Oakley – Logan County: Quarter-sized hail
- 5 ENE Weskan – Wallace County: Spotter saw a rain-wrapped tornado weakening as it crossed Highway 40
- 3 SW Weskan – Wallace County: Multi vortex tornado southwest of Weskan
- Weskan – Wallace County: School damaged, power lines down, grain bins damaged
- 4 SW McCook – Red Willow County – Public reports of a tornado on the ground but could not confirm if it was still on the ground at 5:15 p.m.
- 6 SW Hoxie – Sheridan County: 3.75 inches of heavy rain
- 7 N Hoxie – Sheridan County: 2.5 inches of heavy rain
- Selden – Sheridan County: 3.30 inches of heavy rain
- Selden – Sheridan County: Twitter video showed at least six inches of water covering Highway 83
- 6 ESE Rexford – Sheridan County – 4.1 inches of heavy rain
- 7 N Weskan – Wallace County: 911 call center reports a small barn damage due to flooding
- 1 S Campus – Gove County: 65 mph wind gusts
- Campus – Gove County: 62 mph gusts at Mesonet
- Bird City – Cheyenne County: Flooded streets (didn’t say which streets) at 2:40 p.m.
- Benkelmen – Dundy County: Flooded streets (didn’t say which streets) at 2:45 p.m.
- 4 ENE Beeler – Ness County: Brief spin up two miles south of location at 3:59 p.m. and 60 mph wind gusts
- 12 SSE Attwood – Rawlins County: Funnel reported at 3:55 p.m.
- 9 SE Hanston – Hodgeman County: Reports of rotating dust column under wall cloud eight miles SSW of the location at 4:06 p.m.
- 11 N Bird City – Cheyenne County: Flash flooding, county road washed away in parts, six to 12 inches of rainfall pooling on roadways in low laying areas at 4:11 p.m.
- 5 S McDonald – Rawlins County:911 caller reports ongoing ran wrapped tornado report south of McDonald at 1:40 p.m.
- 4 WNW McDonald – Cheyenne County: Caller reports a brief tornado at the intersection of Road 33 and Road Q at 1:51 p.m.
- Winona – Logan County: Half-dollar-size hail
- 5 SW Larned – Pawnee County: Nine power poles were blown down, and there was also extensive damage to trees and other objects
- Oberlin – Decatur County: Golf ball-size hail
- Benkelman – Dundy County (Nebraska): 2 inches of rain
- 4 E Hollinger – Furnas County (Nebraska): Quarter-size hail
- Edison – Furnas County (Nebraska): Half-dollar-size hail
- 3 N Ludell – Rawlins County: Quarter-size hail
- 5 S Traer – Decatur County: Quarter-size hail
- 4 SSW Abilene – Dickinson County: Quarter-size hail
- Menlo – Thomas County: Ping pong ball size hail
- Enterprise – Dickinson County: Half-dollar-size hail
- Gem – Thomas County: Golf ball-size hail
- Scott City – Scott County: Quarter-size hail
- 3 N Russell Springs – Logan County: Quarter-size hail
- 6 S Leoville – Sheridan County: Quarter-size hail
Tracking Severe Weather:
- Interactive Radar (Control yourself)
- Wichita Metro
- South-Central Kansas
- North-Central Kansas
- Southwest Kansas
- Northwest Kansas
CURRENT WEATHER WARNINGS AND WATCHES
WATCHING THE KANSAS SKIES:
- SkyView Downtown Wichita
- SkyView WSU Campus
- Skyview Northeast Wichita
- SkyView Garden City
- SkyView Hays
- SkyView Hutchinson
- SkyView Great Bend
- SkyView Colby
- SkyView Pratt