LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) – A Kansas man accused of selling fake Tide laundry detergent has been fined $1,000 and sentenced to a year of probation.
The Kansas attorney general’s office say 44-year-old Brian Glenn, of Baldwin City, was sentenced after pleading guilty last week to one misdemeanor county of counterfeiting.
The state previously dismissed a felony counterfeiting charge just before the case was set to go to trial, citing the need for further testing of the laundry soap.
In 2016, law enforcement agents and Procter & Gamble representatives raided Glenn’s home.
- Derby family creates masks for health care workers and first responders
- Wichita doctor says deaths and positive cases are decreasing, remains optimistic
- COMCARE offers new Support Line amidst COVID-19 pandemic
- Thousands of coronavirus test kits coming to Kansas
- Adult woman and 9-year-old girl found shot to death in south Wichita home