WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Brietan Rader, 25, was charged with first-degree murder Friday in the death of the 9-month-old girl, Maela Flores.
Flores suffered critical injuries the night of Jan. 10 at an apartment in the 3600 block of West 13th Street.
Police investigated and arrested Rader, 25, of Wichita. He is not the girl’s father.
Two other children, ages 6 and 2, were not injured. They were placed in protective custody.
Rader is also charged with abuse of a child under the age of 6, cultivating a controlled substance, and possessing drug paraphernalia with the intent to manufacture, plant, cultivate a controlled substance.
His bond is set at $500,000 and his next court date is Jan. 30.
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina, strongest in 94 years
- 2 men die after being found shot in Kansas City backyard
- 21 people shot, one killed at outdoor gathering in Southeast D.C.