WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A man charged in road rage shooting that injured a young boy pleaded guilty Friday.
Tylin Atkinson admitted that he opened fire at an SUV in October last year.
A 4-year-old boy riding in the Chevy Tahoe was hit and rushed to the hospital.
One of the bullets damaged his liver and kidney, fractured a rib and broke a vertebrae.
The boy has since recovered. Atkinson faces anywhere from 11 to nearly 30 years in prison for the shooting.
He’ll be back in court later this month.
- Competitive Drive: Arkansas City football team continues Cinderella run to 4A state title game
- Community members say they’re thankful for the frontline workers this thanksgiving
- Shooting in Wichita leaves one in serious condition, police still investigating
- Teachman’s Take: Cool comfort for Black Friday, weekend storm tracks south
- Giving back to those in need – Wichita churches and organizations hand out thousands of meals