KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – A mother has testified in the trial of a suspended Kansas priest charged with molesting her daughter that she was raised to hold priests in high regard and didn’t know how to respond when she became concerned.
The Kansas City Star reports that the mother said Wednesday that she waited months to come forward after seeing the Rev. Scott Kallal chase her daughter into the bathroom of Kansas City, Kansas, church, go in after her and carry her out.
The mother testified that said she didn’t see him touch her daughter’s breast, as the girl later reported, and feared her concerns would be “swept under the rug.” Her daughter also says Kallal touched her inappropriately at a graduation party earlier in 2015. She was 10 at the time.
Kallal is being tried on two felony counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. He’s pleaded not guilty.
- Third-Ranked Texas Sweep Shockers
- Newton native Remsberg scores in OT, Air Force beats Colorado 30-23
- Greinke finally gets win over old club, Astros top Royals
- ‘Uncle Wilbur is finally home’: Kansas sailor killed in Pearl Harbor finally laid to rest
- Thousands of fetal remains found in home of former Indiana abortion doctor