WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department has identified the victim in Monday’s fatal accident as 29-year-old John Bonner of Wichita.
The crash happened in the 1300 block of Museum Boulevard around 9:40 p.m. Wichita police said they located Bonner lying in the street with critical injuries. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police said their investigation revealed Bonner was operating a red 2012 Kawasaki Motorcycle westbound on Museum Boulevard with a group of other motorcyclists. He was unable to manipulate a curve and struck the curb.
Police believe speed was a factor in the accident. They said the crash is the 14th fatality of 2020 in Wichita and the fifth involving a motorcycle.
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responds to arrest of Capitol riot suspect who allegedly said ‘Assassinate AOC’
- Here’s The Latest On Where And How To Get A COVID Vaccine In Kansas
- Kansas Pharmacies Hire And Train More Workers To Help Roll Out COVID-19 Vaccines Faster
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Clouds return, rain and snow chances possible this weekend
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Colorado cafe