Motorized couch causes south Wichita fire

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A home is damaged after a mechanical couch catches fire in south Wichita late Wednesday evening.

The Wichita Fire Department says when the couch caught fire, the resident tried to move the couch outside.

However, the fire spread and the homeowner eventually had to exit the home near 44th and South Seneca. There were no injuries in the fire.

The Wichita Fire Department says damage is expected to be about $20,000.

The latest news straight to your Inbox: Click here to sign up for the KSN Daily News Digest

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories