WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Fire crews across Kansas are battling fires in Harvey, Cowley, and Saline counties.
Cowley County Emergency Management said the fire began at about 2:10 p.m. Wednesday. The fire was reported north of U.S. Highway 166 and Grouse Creek Road junction.
The fire grew large enough to be seen via satellite. Arkansas City, Atlanta, Cedar Vale, Burden, Dexter, Oxford, Udall, and Winfield fire units worked together to fight the blaze.
Cowley County Emergency Management asked that all residents in the area southwest of the Dexter to be aware of the blaze and its movement.
In Harvey County, officials tell KSN News they are battling a grass fire two miles south of Halstead. The fire is moving north. A grass fire was also reported in Saline County south of New Cambria.
PHOTOS: COWLEY COUNTY FIRE
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Wichitans come out with wallets, masks for Small Business Saturday
- TCU runs roughshod over winless Kansas in 59-23 victory
- Mayers game-ending FG gives Baylor 32-31 win over K-State
- K-State’s men’s basketball game with Butler postponed
- High School Football: Hanover claims seventh state title vs. St. Francis, November 28, 2020