WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Fire crews across Kansas are battling fires in Harvey, Cowley, and Saline counties.
Cowley County Emergency Management said the fire began at about 2:10 p.m. Wednesday. The fire was reported north of U.S. Highway 166 and Grouse Creek Road junction.
The fire grew large enough to be seen via satellite. Arkansas City, Atlanta, Cedar Vale, Burden, Dexter, Oxford, Udall, and Winfield fire units worked together to fight the blaze.
Cowley County Emergency Management asked that all residents in the area southwest of the Dexter to be aware of the blaze and its movement.
In Harvey County, officials tell KSN News they are battling a grass fire two miles south of Halstead. The fire is moving north. A grass fire was also reported in Saline County south of New Cambria.
PHOTOS: COWLEY COUNTY FIRE
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Dealing with hefty heat before slight relief, slim storm chances
- Boat explosion injures 6 people at the Lake of the Ozarks
- These cities are home to the worst drivers, insurance group finds
- Brother of Simone Biles acquitted of triple murder, faces confrontation in court
- Two policemen among 14 homicide victims in a single day in Juarez