The first round of the NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament is in Wichita and it is right around the corner.
With the big games come some big changes, especially ones that late-night fans will be able to enjoy.
Th NCAA Fan Fest will bring partygoers to some of Wichita’s most popular locales. A full list of watch parties and events were recently approved by the city.
Emerson Biggins, located at 808 E. Douglas Avenue, and the Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission applied for a Community Event Permit for days between March 14-18.
The alley north of Emerson Biggins between the 100 block of N. Mead St. and N. Rock Island St. will be closed off during March 16 – 18. During that time outdoor event hours will be allowed until 2:00 a.m.
Extended street closure hours include the evening of March 13. The corresponding map highlights the areas that will be closed.
The community events during the NCAA Tournament include the following:
- Brick and Mortar’s Battle of the Bracket (March 15-18, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.)
- Wichita Brewing Company’s Beer Garden (March 14-17, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.)
- Wichita Festivals’ Bracket Bash (March 15-17, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.)
- Wichita Sports Commission’s NCAA Fan Fest (March 15, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Xclusive Event’s Courtside on Commerce (March 15 & 17, 8:00 a.m. -2:00 a.m.)
- Third Place Brewing’s College Basketball Watch Party (March 14-18, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.)
- Emerson Biggins Event (March 14-17, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.)
- Mort’s Watch Party (March 15-18, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.)
Parking downtown will also be a hot commodity.
Streets will be closed and additional transit rides will be available for attendees of the tournament.
Click here for more information.