WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – New information was released Thursday in the beating death of a Wichita man last summer.
Haley Collins was found not breathing in a parking lot near 21st and Rock intersection on Aug. 21, 2019.
Steven Speakman is charged with second-degree murder in Collins’ death.
In the probable cause affidavit released to KSN News Thursday, witnesses say they heard Collins and Speakman arguing.
They told officers they saw Collins push Speakman and then Speakman punched Collins causing him to fall and hit his head.
In phone calls from the jail, Speakman admits to hitting Collins before blacking out.
Speakman is being held on a $250,000 bond.
- Virus cluster found at Kansas rehabilitation center
- Sedgwick County coronavirus cases at 101
- USD 373 changes meal pick up location
- Police issue warrant for Ark City shooting suspect
- Parsons Police Department detective tests positive for COVID-19