WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – New information was released Thursday in the beating death of a Wichita man last summer.
Haley Collins was found not breathing in a parking lot near 21st and Rock intersection on Aug. 21, 2019.
Steven Speakman is charged with second-degree murder in Collins’ death.
In the probable cause affidavit released to KSN News Thursday, witnesses say they heard Collins and Speakman arguing.
They told officers they saw Collins push Speakman and then Speakman punched Collins causing him to fall and hit his head.
In phone calls from the jail, Speakman admits to hitting Collins before blacking out.
Speakman is being held on a $250,000 bond.
- Plane crash injures one person in Valley Center
- Orangutan granted ‘personhood’ turns 34, makes new friend
- PHOTOS: Daytona 500 kicks off NASCAR racing season
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Tulane Green Wave: Updates, score, results
- Kansas GOP leaders’ fight over abortion, Medicaid escalates