WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department released new details in the July 2019 death of 72-year-old Rita Golden.
John Pepper is charged with capital murder in the death of Rita Golden.
In a released affidavit, WPD says Golden’s daughter told police she found her mom on the floor and that there was blood on her face, hands, and shirt.
Golden was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. Officers stated they found John Pepper hiding in a closet in the home.
An autopsy report says Golden’s body was found partially clothed but nude from the waist down. The blood found on his hand was later tested and found to be from Golden.
Golden’s daughter told police Golden would not let Pepper in her house alone.
Pepper is being held on a $1 dollar bond.
- Fourth COVID-19 case in Republic County involves infant
- ACLU seeks release of Kansas inmates vulnerable to COVID-19
- Great Bend Farm, Ranch, & Hemp Expo is now underway virtually
- Textron Aviation announces more furloughs
- Local non-essential businesses that stay open could be charged and face fines