TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Kansas will begin issuing new personalized license plates Wednesday that emphasize the state’s growth in using renewable energy.
The plates will feature wind turbines profiled against a sunrise. Kansas Department of Revenue Secretary Mark Burghart says Kansas has become a leader in alternative energy.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports a report last year said Kansas was the nation’s top producer of wind energy, with more than 36% of total electricity coming from wind power.
Residents can order the “Powering the Future” plates through their county treasurer’s office for $45.50, plus normal registration fees and taxes.
- Drive-thru voter registration event aims to get first-time voters to the polls
- Barton County Health Department confirms positive COVID-19 cases at Applebee’s in Great Bend
- Evento para incentivar a residentes a votar se llevó a cabo en Wichita
- Burnes, Braun help Brewers to 5-0 win over the Royals
- One person is dead after crashing through guard rail south of El Dorado