YUKON, Okla. (AP) – A 16-year-old Oklahoma high school football player has died after suffering an apparent head injury during a game.
Yanda and Son funeral home says Peter Webb died Sunday at an Oklahoma City hospital. Funeral services are incomplete.
The Oklahoman reports that Webb, who went Southwest Covenant in the Oklahoma City suburb of Yukon, was injured while making a tackle and striking his head on the ground during the fourth quarter of Friday’s game against Strother Public Schools.
On its Facebook page, Southwest Covenant asked people to pray for Webb, who also played baseball and basketball and whose mother chairs the Christian school’s board of directors.
- Here’s what 2020 did to the list of most popular baby names
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Warm front improves temps, another chill late week follows
- 1 dead in Newton house fire
- KBI agents put to the test handling three officer-involved shootings in days