WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department responded to a fire in an unattached garage shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday that left one person dead.
It happened in the 4100 block of W. Douglas just after 7:30 a.m.
Responding fire crews were able to get the garage door open and get the fire under control in about 30 minutes.
The victim was found inside. First responders tried to revive him but were unsuccessful.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Kansas’ new Adjutant General is ready to take on coronavirus
- Teachman’s Take: Widespread freeze overnight thaws to spring quickly this weekend
- Population testing for COVID-19 could soon begin in certain Kansas counties
- Small number of staff quarantined in Great Bend campus of University of Kansas Health System
- Ark City police investigating shooting, one person injured