WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department responded to a fire in an unattached garage shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday that left one person dead.
It happened in the 4100 block of W. Douglas just after 7:30 a.m.
Responding fire crews were able to get the garage door open and get the fire under control in about 30 minutes.
The victim was found inside. First responders tried to revive him but were unsuccessful.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- All 62 residents in Norton County nursing home test positive for COVID-19, of which 10 have passed away
- Chiefs top Bills, improve to 5-1
- Big turnout at Intrust for early voting this year