WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – One man was killed and another injured in a crash involving a GMC pickup near Pawnee and Woodlawn. It happened just after 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said a truck was driving at high speed when the driver missed a curve, went off the road, and hit a utility pole. The truck then rolled ejecting both the driver and a passenger.
Joseph Cenicola, 55, was killed and James Cenicola, 57, was transported to a local hospital suffering from severe injuries.
The sheriff’s office said the rollover is still under investigation, and it appears speed and alcohol were possible factors in the accident.
- When will concerts return? Sedgwick County venues decide whether or not to re-open
- Renters struggle to pay rent, worry about future rent payments
- Beer drinking, 103-year-old nursing home resident beats COVID-19
- Fall Semester: How do Kansas universities look to proceed?
- Wichita Dillons worker’s positivity inspires coworkers and customers