SUMMER COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A 47-year-old man is dead and a woman in critical condition after a single-vehicle crash in Summer County.
The crash happened Monday just west of Belle Plaine.
According to the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office, Estelle Owens of Belle Plaine was driving a Pontiac Grand Am westbound on 100th Ave. before losing control, crossing over the roadway and coming to a stop after crashing the passenger side of the car into a tree.
Crews were dispatched to the scene where they found Raymond Shiner of Haysville unresponsive, and Owens pinned in the car.
Shiner died from his injuries, and Owens was transported to a Wichita hospital.
- Not all the same: There are some hand sanitizers the FDA says consumers should avoid using. Here’s the full list.
- Getting beaten online trying to buy a PS5 or new Xbox? You may be losing to a bot
- Kansas snow days good for the soul, but the pandemic means fewer of them even after 2020
- Politicians eat their words after dining out, taking trips during pandemic
- A pandemic, exhaustion and threats: Why dozens of Kansas public health officials are quitting