MORTON COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A 14-year-old is dead and three others injured following a Wednesday afternoon crash in Morton County.
According to an accident report, the crash happened just before 1 p.m. Wednesday on Road 24 and Road J. The Kansas Highway Patrol says three teens inside a GMC Sierra were heading eastbound when the 15-year-old driver failed to stop at a stop sign. That’s when a 22-year-old driving a Ford Mustang crashed into the Sierra at the intersection.
Reports indicate the Sierra overturned before coming to a stop at powerline pole.
Jace W. Schwindt, 14, of Oklahoma, died at the scene. An 18-year-old and the driver were taken to Morton County Hospital with minor injuries, according to KHP.
The 22-year-old driver of the Ford Mustang was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country
- Texas realtor who took private jet to D.C. is charged in Capitol riot