WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police on Thursday identified a 22-year-old man who died in a crash involving his motorcycle and a school bus.
The crash happened near 21st and Amidon shortly before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday near 21st and Amidon.
Police said Tyler Bins died at the scene. Another 49-year-old man riding a motorcycle was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The investigation revealed that the school bus was traveling southbound on Sweet Briar and was turning east when the crash occurred.
“Both motorcycles were traveling west on 21st Street. The school bus entered the intersection to go east on 21st Street when the motorcyclists struck the bus,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department. “Speed involving the motorcycles is believed to be a factor.”
Davidson added that investigators are looking to see who had the right of way.
Police said the bus was occupied by a 77-year-old driver and four USD 259 students. One student received minor injuries.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler temperatures and showers and storms today
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system