WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 24-year-old man was injured in an accidental shooting at the Old Cowtown Museum Friday evening around 9 p.m.
Wichita police said several people were involved in a live re-enactment scene at the museum when one of the participants was accidentally shot in the chest.
He was transported to a local hospital and treated with serious but non-life-threatening injuries. There were no other injuries.
The city of Wichita said it is the first incident of its kind at the museum. The city is undertaking a comprehensive administrative review of the incident.
- Sedgwick County Republican Party asks O’Donnell, Clendenin, Capps to step down
- ‘She loved her Pigs’: Friends open up following the death of Sedgwick County woman
- Cats Cruise in 12th-Straight Sunflower Showdown Win
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- Equity Bank of Andover assumes deposits of failed Almena Bank