WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Wichita Fire Department says one person has potentially serious injuries after a house fire Tuesday morning.
Firefighters got the call of a person possibly trapped in a house fire in the 1100 block of S. Pineridge shortly after 8 a.m.
When they got to the scene, they saw flames coming from the home. The person was not trapped and was already out of the house, but was suffering from smoke inhalation. That person was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Two dogs had been in the home but were also found outside the house.
Fire investigators say the cause was a grease fire from unattended cooking. Damage is estimated at $30,000.