One person injured in Wichita apartment fire

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Wichita Fire Department says a woman suffered severe burns when some cooking oil caught on fire at her apartment in the 800 block of S. Hydraulic. The call came in before 10 a.m. Thursday.

Investigators say they learned that the woman was cooking with oil on a stove, and the oil overheated and caught fire. She tried to carry the burning oil outside, and it spilled on her, burning her hands.

An ambulance took the woman to the hospital in serious to critical condition.

The fire department says the damage to the apartment and contents is about $3,000.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories