WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police responded to a shooting call in the 7300 block of W. Newell, near Central and Ridge Thursday evening. The call came in around 9:30 p.m.
Police say a 17-year-old boy was shot and was taken to a hospital with serious injuries. He is expected to survive despite the injuries, police said.
Police say they are looking for the suspect, and that the shooting was not a random incident.
- Construction roars despite pandemic woes at the Sedgwick County Zoo
- ‘Time to come together’: Black community leaders in Wichita reflect on impact of leadership on MLK Day
- Butler scores 30, unbeaten No. 2 Baylor tops No. 9 Kansas
- Sedgwick County Electric Cooperative breaks ground
- Man recalls Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech at K-State