WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said they arrested a woman after a fatal shooting that happened early Tuesday morning near 31st Street South and Hillside.
Police arrived and found a 41-year-old man with a single gunshot wound around 2:30. He died at the scene.
Tuesday afternoon, police announced they arrested 45-year-old Stacey Peters of Haysville on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Officers tell KSN News that Peters was arrested without incident and that investigators learned Peters and the man were in a relationship. While at the location, Peters allegedly fired a handgun at him. The gun was recovered during the investigation.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire