One person taken to hospital after camper fire spreads to a Hutchinson home

Local

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) — The Hutchinson fire chief says one person suffered smoke inhalation during a fire early Monday morning.

The Hutchinson Fire Department got the call of a structure fire in the 500 block of North Van Buren Street shortly before 3 a.m.

When they got to the address, they found a camper engulfed in flames in the driveway. The fire caught the exterior of the house on fire and it had spread to the attic.

The fire chief says firefighters got the situation under control quickly.

Two people were home at the time. One of them suffered from smoke inhalation and Reno County EMS took that person to the hospital.

There is moderate damage to the home and garage, and the camper is a total loss.

The fire chief says the Red Cross was notified and will assist the residents.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories