MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office announced on its Facebook page Tuesday that a man died shortly before noon when his tractor overturned on him.
According to the sheriff’s office, deputies were dispatched to CR 3670 east of CR 4150 for a report of an overturned tractor shortly before noon.
When deputies arrived on the scene, they found a tractor overturned in a creek at that location. Upon investigation, they discovered the driver had died at the scene from the injuries sustained during the accident.
The man was identified as Dr. Richard (Doc) Barta.
The exact cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Calculating climatological averages and its importance
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Hepa scores 15 as No. 4 Texas romps over K-State 82-67
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Breezy wrap up to the weekend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials