CHERRYVALE, Kan. (KSNW) — A Cherryvale man is dead after being struck by a vehicle while walking along a highway in southeast Kansas.
The Kansas Highway Patrol said 35-year-old Derrin Kebert Jr. was walking on the shoulder of U.S. 169 near Cherryville around 8 p.m. Thursday.
A northbound Dodge Journey sought to avoid an airborne object and struck Kebert. A Chevrolet Impala then struck the SUV.
The drivers were unhurt, as were two children in the SUV.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita