WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A young woman is recovering in a local area hospital after being struck by a vehicle south of downtown Wichita.
The accident occurred near the 800 block of south Broadway around 2 p.m. Friday.
Wichita police attempted to stop a teenager they suspected as being listed as a missing person.
The young woman panicked and tried to run from police, causing her to run in to traffic where she was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
“A car going northbound did not have time to react or stop and struck the woman,” said Lt. Matt Lang, Wichita Police Department. “She was taken to the hospital in serious condition and she’s currently being treated at a local hospital.”
The teen is recovering in the hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
- What a proposal! Wichita teacher creates viral sensation asking students to be in her wedding
- Competitive Drive: Amputee golfer inspires through his love of the game
- Ohio man could get prison for dumping garbage on own property for years
- KSN Investigates follow-up: Veteran confused for dead gets IRS refund
- “The best feeling in the world” — after a year of homelessness, a father finally has a home