WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A young woman is recovering in a local area hospital after being struck by a vehicle south of downtown Wichita.
The accident occurred near the 800 block of south Broadway around 2 p.m. Friday.
Wichita police attempted to stop a teenager they suspected as being listed as a missing person.
The young woman panicked and tried to run from police, causing her to run in to traffic where she was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
“A car going northbound did not have time to react or stop and struck the woman,” said Lt. Matt Lang, Wichita Police Department. “She was taken to the hospital in serious condition and she’s currently being treated at a local hospital.”
The teen is recovering in the hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
- A CLOSER LOOK: human trafficking; an online divide of differing beliefs
- School supply drive at Pigtails and Crewcuts kids salon
- Kansas to Host Coastal Carolina in Season-Opener Sept. 12
- Kansas officials address concerns about voting by mail