KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A man who fired shots at employees outside Arrowhead Stadium was arrested Saturday after a daylong standoff.
Kansas City police spokesman Capt. David Jackson said the man arrived at the Truman Sports Complex around 10:30 a.m. Saturday and fired several shots at employees but did not hit anyone.
The man was arrested shortly after 6 p.m. Jackson said the man didn’t appear to have any connection to the Kansas City Chiefs or Royals.
During the standoff, some stadium employees took shelter inside the complex. The Kansas City Royals’ game against the Pittsburgh Pirates was delayed about half an hour because of the standoff.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Sunshine and below average temperatures Monday
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four children
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday