GARDEN CITY, Kan. (KSNW) – Garden City police officers arrested Javier Morales in connection to a disturbance at a convenience store located on 112 W. Kansas Ave. It happened around 12:24 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
According to police, a woman was running away from Morales before going into the convenience store and asking for help.
Morales was located at a family member’s home in the 1300 block of N. Main, where he refused to come out of the apartment.
The Garden City SWAT team made entry into the home around 3 p.m. and that’s when Morales come out.
Morales had two previous felony warrants out of Ford County for possession of amphetamines, methamphetamine, aggravated domestic violence battery, aggravated battery and possession of paraphernalia.
Garden City Police contacted the school district about the situation and reassured them there was no immediate threat. The schools in the area were not locked down. Horace Good Middle School students exited from alternate doors located away from the situation.
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- 837,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Fire damages Topeka apartment complex
- Wichita State’s crash evokes moving memories 50 years later
- State to begin processing payments for the Lost Wages Assistance program