WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said a 72-year-old man is dead after a crash early Wednesday.
It happened in the eastbound lanes of Kellogg near Maize Road around 4 a.m.
Police said 72-year-old Stephen McClain of Wichita was driving a 2018 Kia Sportage westbound in the eastbound lanes of Kellogg. McClain collided head-on with a white Chevy Silverado pickup with a 50-year-old man inside. The 50-year-old man was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Kellogg eastbound was closed from 119th Street West to Maize for several hours as crews investigated the crash.
Police said there were storms in the area at the time of the crash.
- Gold Star Mother battles canceled Memorial Day ceremony
- New cluster of coronavirus cases reported at Johnson County skilled nursing facility
- Memorial Day: Why we remember
- Flags placed on the graves of fallen veterans
- T.J.’s Forecast: Rain chances continue into Tuesday