WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said a 72-year-old man is dead after a crash early Wednesday.
It happened in the eastbound lanes of Kellogg near Maize Road around 4 a.m.
Police said 72-year-old Stephen McClain of Wichita was driving a 2018 Kia Sportage westbound in the eastbound lanes of Kellogg. McClain collided head-on with a white Chevy Silverado pickup with a 50-year-old man inside. The 50-year-old man was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Kellogg eastbound was closed from 119th Street West to Maize for several hours as crews investigated the crash.
Police said there were storms in the area at the time of the crash.
- Newsfeed Now for October 16: Close encounter with a bear; Rage Yoga
- Debate takeaways: Warren attacked, 70s club avoids age issue
- Dozens attend first ever Kansas City ‘rage yoga’ class, which includes cursing and alcohol
- Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney possibly found alive
- Mom’s viral Facebook post encourages blue Trick-or-Treat buckets for autism awareness