WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The public got to peek at the preliminary design for the Riverfront Legacy Master Plan
On Thursday night, Project Wichita unveiled five concepts for its plan.
One involves repurposing Century II, and the others recommend doing away with the venue altogether.
While the West Bank of the Arkansas surrounding the new baseball stadium is being developed, the city is looking at ways to incorporate the East Bank.
Each concept includes a pedestrian bridge connecting the two sides and a new performing arts and convention center.
The group hopes that by redoing the area, it will attract more people to Wichita.
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform
- United Industries and its OSHA violations