WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 2-year-old boy slipped through a locked gate at a community pool and drowned late Tuesday night in Wichita.
Wichita fire and EMS crews responded to a trailer community near 55th and Hydraulic, just before 10 p.m.
A passerby saw a boy floating in the water. When emergency crews arrived, the child was not breathing.
They spent over an hour trying to save the child, but the child died at the scene.
Police say the child’s father was near the area; however, he lost track of the child and that’s when the boy slipped through the pool’s locked gate.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong