WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The students at Wichita’s Riverside Elementary got an early Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday. It is one they helped prepare themselves.
The kids and their parents use the kitchen at Riverside Christian Church. Each grade level prepares items for the feast. It is a tradition that has been going on for at least 26 years.
The school says this helps students learn about leadership and gives everyone the chance to come together for a shared purpose.
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check
- Woman asks for love stories, plans to give away old wedding rings after divorce
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia
- Couple married 67 years receives COVID vaccine after diagnosis forced them apart