SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Saline County man is dead after his golf cart rolled into a ditch south of Gypsum.
Lt. Jeremiah Hayes with the Saline County Sheriff’s Office tells KSAL News that 84-year-old Frederick Meyer was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics who responded to his property located in the 8900 block of S. Gypsum Valley Road on Monday.
Deputies say around 11:45 a.m., Meyer had taken a golf cart down the driveway to check his mailbox. For an unknown reason, the cart veered into the ditch, ejecting Meyer.
A passerby called for help when they noticed the golf cart in the ditch.
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four kids
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday
- 1 person dead in accident in Phillips County