WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A local hair salon is doing its part to help prepare teachers to go back to school. Pigtails and Crewcuts’ say teachers need help paying for important classroom supplies, so to help out, the salon is holding a back-to-school supply drive through the end of the month.
“We want to give back — I used to work in a school, we all have kids that go to school, — we see the amount of work that teachers put in so… that’s why we chose teachers,” said Keesha Kitterman, owner of the salon.
Employees will deliver the accumulated school supplies the day after the supply drive ends, which will be a week before the start of the school year.
For more information on this school supply drive at the Wichita Pigtails and Crewcuts, click here.
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case
- Rose Hill teen undergoes groundbreaking spinal procedure
- 4-vehicle crash in Kansas kills 1 child, injures 3 others
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run