WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A local hair salon is doing its part to help prepare teachers to go back to school. Pigtails and Crewcuts’ say teachers need help paying for important classroom supplies, so to help out, the salon is holding a back-to-school supply drive through the end of the month.
“We want to give back — I used to work in a school, we all have kids that go to school, — we see the amount of work that teachers put in so… that’s why we chose teachers,” said Keesha Kitterman, owner of the salon.
Employees will deliver the accumulated school supplies the day after the supply drive ends, which will be a week before the start of the school year.
For more information on this school supply drive at the Wichita Pigtails and Crewcuts, click here.
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain
- Chiefs’ Mahomes cleared to play in AFC championship
- D-coordinators bring head coaching chops to NFL title games
- Speculation over Tokyo Olympics: 2021, 2032 or not at all?
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say