WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A scooter driver was seriously injured Sunday morning in a crash involving an Animal Control van in Wichita.
Wichita police say a 62-year-old man was driving an electric handicapped scooter in the crosswalk, crossing Pawnee when he was hit by an on-duty Animal Control van that was turning from southbound Broadway to eastbound Pawnee.
The man was taken to a hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The accident is still under investigation. Police say they will be conducting an internal investigation.
- Orangutan granted ‘personhood’ turns 34, makes new friend
- PHOTOS: Daytona 500 kicks off NASCAR racing season
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Tulane Green Wave: Updates, score, results
- Kansas GOP leaders’ fight over abortion, Medicaid escalates
- Defense: Convicted killer was victim of ‘Machiavellian plot’