WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A scooter driver was seriously injured Sunday morning in a crash involving an Animal Control van in Wichita.
Wichita police say a 62-year-old man was driving an electric handicapped scooter in the crosswalk, crossing Pawnee when he was hit by an on-duty Animal Control van that was turning from southbound Broadway to eastbound Pawnee.
The man was taken to a hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The accident is still under investigation. Police say they will be conducting an internal investigation.
- Performing Arts Department goes virtual for auditions
- Azubuike and Dotson Named 2020 Wooden Award All-Americans
- 64,000 coronavirus tests coming, Kansas falls behind on social distancing
- Kansas state parks are open
- Will COVID-19 impact the food supply chain in the US?