WICHITA COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A Scott City man is dead after a crash Monday morning in Wichita County.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a 2008 Ford F250 driven by 49-year-old James L. Wessel of Scott City was westbound on Kansas Highway 96.
Authorities said the tire of the pickup failed causing the truck to leave the road and roll a number of times.
Wessel was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt, according to the highway patrol.
- Amazon announces deals, says Black Friday sale starts Nov. 22
- Taylor’s Forecast: Rain and snow showers possible tonight, expect colder temperatures tomorrow
- Essential oils: Are they good for you?
- GM recalls 640K pickups; seat belts can cause carpet fires
- Changes in schools create new possibilities for students with dyslexia