WICHITA COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A Scott City man is dead after a crash Monday morning in Wichita County.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a 2008 Ford F250 driven by 49-year-old James L. Wessel of Scott City was westbound on Kansas Highway 96.
Authorities said the tire of the pickup failed causing the truck to leave the road and roll a number of times.
Wessel was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt, according to the highway patrol.
- Police: Murder of 3-year-old in Alabama disguised as hot car death
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- Business owner hoping to reduce speed limit to expand seating closer to the street, join Open Air ICT