WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A second man has died days after a shootout at a Wichita hotel that police suspect happened during a fight over drugs.
Wichita police say 23-year-old Keion Whyte, of Wichita, died Saturday at a hospital. He was injured early Thursday morning during a shooting at the Scotsman Inn West. Forty-year-old William Pottorff, of Wichita, died at the scene of the shooting.
Four people were arrested after the shooting on suspicion of first-degree murder and burglary. Three of the suspects are from Wichita and the fourth is from Illinois.
- 23-year-old Braxton Cooley of Wichita
- 23-year-old Akakia Farbes of Wichita
- 43-year-old Eugene Donnald of O’Fallon, Illinois
- 23-year-old Koby Fisher of Wichita.
Police said an initial investigation showed the shooting occurred after Whyte and several others forced their way into the motel room, and Pottorff and Whyte began fighting. Both men pulled out guns and fired at each other, police said.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong