SEDGWICK COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County Emergency Communications’ non-emergency phone line is officially open starting Wednesday. That number is (316) 290-1011.
This line functions as an alternative to 911 and is meant to receive calls for non-emergency nuisances that do not pose a threat to life or property. Examples include complaints pertaining to parties, excess noise, fireworks, etc. It was established to prevent an influx of nuisance calls that can block emergency calls from reaching a call taker. The non-emergency line is activated during times of historically high call volumes and as otherwise needed.
The 316-290-1011 number will be available during the following hours:
- 6 p.m. July 1 through 3 a.m. July 2
- 6 p.m. July 2 through 3 a.m. July 3
- 6 p.m. July 3 through 3 a.m. July 4
- 6 p.m. July 4 through 3 a.m. July 5
If someone calls 911 with a non-emergency, they will be transferred to the non-emergency line.
The Kansas Fire Marshall released the following guidelines on treating burns:
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong