SEDGWICK COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County Republican Party announced Monday that former Sedgwick County Republican Party Chairperson Dalton Glasscock has been selected for the vacant Sedgwick County District 2 Commission seat that Michael O’Donnell resigned from two weeks ago.
The decision came after the Sedgwick County Republican Party held a special meeting Monday evening to discuss O’Donnell’s replacement.
In the meeting, it was decided by party members that Glasscock will serve until January 10, 2020, in the role O’Donnell recently vacated.
Sarah Lopez was declared the winner of the Sedgwick County Commission District 2 race on Nov. 16. Lopez beat incumbent Michael O’Donnell by 264 votes to secure the win.
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Construction roars despite pandemic woes at the Sedgwick County Zoo
- ‘Time to come together’: Black community leaders in Wichita reflect on impact of leadership on MLK Day
- Butler scores 30, unbeaten No. 2 Baylor tops No. 9 Kansas
- Sedgwick County Electric Cooperative breaks ground