WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran brought Acting Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy to campus to tour The National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR).
It was a chance for McCarthy to see the many resources at NIAR for potential partnerships in the future.
“What really got my attention the most today was the work on added manufacturing. Some of the work they’re doing with the Navy, Air Force that is really the key for us to become a leaner and faster organization in the future,” Acting Secretary U.S. Army Ryan McCarthy said.
McCarthy says they’ve executed a nearly $20 million dollar contract to study applied materials at WSU that could be placed on everything from Army vehicles to weapons systems.
- Dad and Me Selfie Photo Contest
- Pandemic impacts the Eisenhower Airport for years to come
- Bishop ‘outraged’ after President Trump poses with Bible in front of St. John’s Church
- Manifestantes protestan en Wichita por la muerte de George Floyd
- One person injured in east Wichita crash