MARION COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – So many students are sick in one Kansas county, a school district is closing for a couple of days.
USD 411 Goessel in Marion County is canceling class and activities until Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Of the district’s approximately 200 students, 61 were absent Wednesday.
Superintendent John Fast says some students have Influenza A, some have Influenza B, and some just have a common stomach bug.
He consulted with the county health department and made the decision to cancel school Thursday and Friday.
The district is already closed Monday to observe Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so the next day of class will be Tuesday.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259