Smoking near oxygen cause of Hutchinson house fire

Local

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) — A house fire late Tuesday morning in Hutchinson was caused by smoking near oxygen, according to fire investigators.

The Hutchinson Fire Department responded to 716 W. 12 Ave. at around 11 and found smoke coming from the back of the home.

Crews were able to get a person and two pets out of the home. The person was treated by Reno County EMS for smoke inhalation.

The fire was contained to the living room, but the home had considerable smoke damage.

The American Red Cross was called to assist the occupants of the home.

The latest news straight to your Inbox: Click here to sign up for the KSN Daily News Digest

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories