SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – Heavy snowfall is causing traffic disruptions in parts of central and north-central Kansas.
The Kansas Highway Patrol reports 26-year-old Alberto Garcia of McPherson was killed and two children were injured in a multi-vehicle crash south of Lindsborg early Tuesday. It happened in the 2300 Blk of 14th Ave. The four occupants of the other truck weren’t seriously injured.
State transportation officials closed westbound Interstate 70 between Salina and Kansas 14 to respond to several crashes for several hours. It has since reopened. Other highways in north-central Kansas were snow and ice-covered.
The National Weather Service reported snowfall amounts of up to 9 inches near Sylvan Grove and Agra. The weather service has issued a weather storm warning for several counties until 6 p.m.
The patrol advises that if you have to travel to slow down and decrease your following distance.
For up-to-date information on road closures and road conditions, visit kandrive.org, or call 511 in Kansas or 866-511-5368 outside Kansas.
- Tropical Storm Beta forecast to make landfall late Monday
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems
- Kansas firefighter shares inside look of West Coast fires frontline
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Hazy sunshine and slim rain chances
- After shooting, Wichita police show something good can come from something bad