FREDONIA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Kansas man is dead after a crash Tuesday after one mile southeast of Fredonia. It happened on U.S. 400 at Jade Road.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a Dodge pickup and a semi were both eastbound on U.S. 400. Authorities said the Dodge pulled to the right of the roadway and attempted to make a U-turn when the semi struck it.
The driver of the Dodge pickup, 46-year-old David L. Rasmussen, Jr. of Fredonia, was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
The 50-year-old driver of the semi from Pittsburg wasn’t hurt.
- Live at 1pm ET: Breaking down Mahomes, Garoppolo on Big Game Bound with special guests
- Buck starts new life with the hunter that saved his life
- Dodge City police not running lights and sirens before crash that killed woman
- Super Bowl score could earn you free pizza
- 737 Max costs double, Boeing posts first loss in 2 decades