FREDONIA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Kansas man is dead after a crash Tuesday after one mile southeast of Fredonia. It happened on U.S. 400 at Jade Road.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a Dodge pickup and a semi were both eastbound on U.S. 400. Authorities said the Dodge pulled to the right of the roadway and attempted to make a U-turn when the semi struck it.
The driver of the Dodge pickup, 46-year-old David L. Rasmussen, Jr. of Fredonia, was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
The 50-year-old driver of the semi from Pittsburg wasn’t hurt.
- Former Kansas officer fights brain cancer, hopes to wear uniform again
- Derby schools using K-9 help to curb drugs
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- Teachman’s Take: Heat will break down later this week
- Wichita man finds 66-year-old class ring at Riverside Park