WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – Spirit Aerosystems Holdings Inc. (SPR) on Tuesday reported a second-quarter loss of $255.9 million, after reporting a profit in the same period a year earlier.
The Wichita based company said it had a loss of $2.46 per share. Losses, adjusted for non-recurring costs and costs related to mergers and acquisitions, were $2.28 per share.
The results did not meet Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for a loss of $1.19 per share.
The aircraft parts maker posted revenue of $644.6 million in the period, which also fell short of Street forecasts. Four analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $806.3 million.
Spirit Aerosystems shares have fallen 73% since the beginning of the year. The stock has declined 74% in the last 12 months.
- Undecided voter watches and gives take on debate
- Sedgwick County manager, other employees test positive for COVID-19
- ‘It’s almost like a home pregnancy test’: KU researchers developing at home COVID test
- ‘When it’s this negative, do something positive’: Wichita grandma and firefighter create unique bond
- Teachman’s Take: Wednesday warm-up before the chill settles back into place