WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Spirit AeroSystems announced Friday that it is laying off 450 more workers in Wichita, blaming the latest production-rate cut for Boeing’s 737 Max jets and the coronavirus pandemic’s negative effect on the airline industry.
Spirit said in a news release that the 737 MAX production rate reduction is the third this year, lowering Spirit’s production from 125 units to 72 units for 2020, a reduction of more than 80% from its 2019 production rates.
Spirit President and CEO Tom Gentile said “production rates for commercial aircraft have fallen from historic highs to significantly lower volumes in a matter of months.”
- 4-vehicle crash in Kansas kills 1 child, injures 3 others
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?